Aviation - Pilot Engineer Professional Mentorship
AKAD - KAC Collaboration
Aim: School Holidays Aviation Mentorship
Target: Upper Primary & High School Youth
Duration: 5 Days in a Week: Monday to Friday
Time: 8:00am - 4:30pm daily (Day Programme)
Dates: April 2019 School holidays
- Monday 1st - 5th April 2019
- Monday 8th - 12th April 2019
- Monday 15th - 18th April 2019
- Tue 23rd - 26th April 2019
Cost: Ksh 25,000/- per week (excluding meals)
For Registration, kindly click here
Location of KAC, Wilson Airport, Nairobi, Kenya, East Africa
Location: Within Wilson Business Park in Wilson Airport.
The facilities include ample theoretical training classrooms, briefing rooms, operations centre, planning rooms, offices, rest areas, well stocked library and our simulator centre.
- Introduction: Problem & Challenges
School youth passionate about Aviation Careers while in school as a 5 day program
- AKAD collaboration with the Kenya Aeronautical College and Skymax Aviation have a one week, Youth Pilot Engineer Professional Aviation Mentorship Program.
- Target is Upper primary and High school youth,
- Cost = Ksh 25,000/- per week
- Real flying option @ Ksh 15,500/- per hour shared flight of 3 students & Simulator.
- Vision, Mission & Goals
to Piloting & Aviation Engineering, one week practical and hands on mentorship
- Basics of aviation engineering – how the aircraft flies, Aircraft Systems
- Meteorology, Mapping, Navigation & Flying blind
- Safety Procedures, Maintenance, Hanger & Control Tower
- Theory classes of 1 – 2 hours per day
- Value Creation
- Real practical exposure to aviation industry for wise knowledgeable career choices
- Provides motivation to excel in current academic subjects; English, Geography, Physics leading to aviation subjects
- Cost effective introduction without investing millions in committed adult aviation studies
- Certificate awarded by Kenya Aeronautical College & Skymax Aviation, leading to seeking PPL, CPL, IR, ATPL and other aviation certification.
- Program to run weekly during school holidays
- Opportunity to transition into formal aviation careers
- Monitoring & Evaluation for customer satisfaction done
- Follow up school holiday classes will be at higher level classes.
Accommodation for out of town youth;
- From the Aero Club (high end) to Hostels in Nairobi West @600 per person sharing. Groups of students can be hosted at the Upper Hill School.
- Option of alternative one week full time KAC flying school in Malindi