The most common email question we answer is “How can I join Akad?”
those keen on our value addition, we offer the following four options
- Online Mentorship - Zoom calls
- Participation in events, activities & seminars
- Participation in partner- led events
- Personal Mentorship coaching
Due to the current Corona virus - Covid-19 pandemic and lock down, all face to face AKAD events as below have been suspeneded.
We are therefore exclusively holding ONLINE MENTORSHIP EVENTS as represented by some of the posters to the right. One can participate by
- Registering as and when an event is advertised. These have been held WEEKLY during the Covid-19 pandemic, every Tuesday morning for 3 1/2 hours. Registration fees apply to our PAYBILL number
- On successful registration, a ZOOM Video Conferencing link will be provided for you to join the class.
- Join the class! Participate! Enjoy!
- For those who seek excellence, one can freely choose to write an essay - at best, based on our Essay Writing Guidelines to ensure your learning to demonstrate the followiing three areas;
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving skills.
- For “walk in” youth; simply register to participate in the relevant activity or event, paying the registration fee and signing up on the webpage registration for the event.
- Events vary from 2 hours, half a day, full day to 3 – 4 day seminars. Educational tours and others take much longer.
- One is then free to decide as to whether you would wish to submit a post event essay for our analysis and comment
- One is then better able to gauge if they wish to engage deeper with our peer and adult mentors
- These are usually limited to youth in our database
- Invitations are communicated internally via What'sApp groups
- Locations are partner-based, and may include top hotels - as seen in the Gap Year program.
- Participation is based on prior engagement with us, regarding ours and partner expectations, meeting criteria for brand identification, standards, dress code, soft skills, etc.
- Registration costs are NOT a reflection of participation, but are in keeping with our mentorship solutions, which include follow up essays, discussions, critical analysis, solutions, networking, etc.
- Previous international events include Kampala (Uganda), Addis Ababa (Ethiopia), Lagos (Nigeria), New York, Boston and Baltimore (USA), etc.
- Available to participants that demonstrate commitment to personal growth.
- These freely identify a Peer, Adult and youthful mentors to work with.
- The youth go through our processes that include providing Profiles, Essays, Strategic Plans, Accountability relationships, etc.
- The process begins with a basic consultation for benchmarking, to establish foundations and best way forward. This is done face to face, via Skype or telephone. In order to book a consultation, kindly email us
- All personal mentoring is subject to continuous Monitoring & Evaluation using tools such as written essays written emailed within specified time periods
- Appointments and Personal Mentorship Coaching are available face to face or online, at a set hourly rate.
- Profiles & Essays submitted for assessment will be subject to a fee